If you are looking for information on August Fishing In Key West, you have come to the right place! The warm weather and calm waters make it the perfect destination for anglers of all skill levels. This blog post will discuss what you need to know before heading out on the water.
We will also provide a few tips to help you catch some fish!
What you need to know before August Fishing In Key West,
Here are a few things you should keep in mind before heading out on your fishing adventure:
- The weather in Key West is extremely hot and humid in August. Make sure to dress appropriately and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- The waters around Key West are generally calm during this time of year. However, thunderstorms can pop up quickly, so always be aware of the weather conditions.
- A variety of fish can be caught in Key West in August. Some of the most popular include tarpon, snapper, and grouper.
The best places to fish in Key West in August
Now that you know what to expect, it is time to start planning your trip! Here are a few of the best places to fish in Key West:
The Dry Tortugas
The Dry Tortugas is a group of islands located about 70 miles from Key West. It is known for its clear waters and abundance of fish.
Fort Zachary Taylor State Park
Fort Zachary Taylor State Park is located on the southernmost tip of Key West. It features a mangrove forest, coral reef, and plenty of fish!
Smathers Beach is located on the eastern side of Key West. It is a great place to relax and catch some sun while you wait for a bite.
Offshore & Deep Sea Fishing
Offshore fishing in Key West is a great option for those looking for a challenge. The waters are deeper, and the fish are bigger!
Tips for catching fish in Key West in August
Now that you know where to go, it is time to start fishing! Here are a few tips to help you catch fish in Key West:
- Use live bait such as shrimp or crab to attract fish.
- Target areas with lots of structure, such as reefs or shipwrecks. Fish early or late in the evening when the sun is not as strong.
What kind of fish can be caught in August Fishing In Key West?
The fish that can be caught in Key West in August are plenty! Here is a list of the main fish that are biting:
- Barracuda (Great)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Tuna (Blackfin)
- Tuna (Skipjack)
So is August fishing in Key West?
Our answer to this will ALWAYS be: Fishing is Never a bad choice!
But if we had to give you a more detailed answer, then yes, August is an excellent time for some key west fishing! The weather is great, the fish are biting, and plenty of places to explore. So what are you waiting for? Grab your tackle box and head on down to Key West!
To book a fishing charter in Key West, Contact us today!